You Are Reading

Year Book Submission

Here is my submission for the yearbook.

I have done three placements, so I included all of those, as well as the exhibition I took part in and award that I won. 
I had made sure that I created a website for this, as well as change all of my details to be consistent with 'danjayharrison' to look more professional.
For my bio, I did not want to specify that I am a web designer - this is what everybody assumes that I am, whereas I can design more than just that. I worry that if I pigeon hole myself I will avoid doing things other than web, when really, I want to branch out and do more things. 
Therefore, I wrote about the type of work that I aim to produce - things that make an impact on people's lives and the fact that it is very well informed and thought through.


I wanted each of my images to have a pale grey background, so to test what looked best I did a few test prints first to decide.





I have gotten into app design this year, and have done a few designs so I wanted to include one. I decided on Flick because it was well received, and I think this screen is interesting to look at with the imagery used.


However, I do love web design and that is what people expect from me so I decided to include my most recent web project. It was for YCN Topdeck Travel, and has a lot of imagery for people to look at. I would have preferred to show the filter I made for it, but I don't think it is very clear on its own without the animation or explanation. Whereas you can see what the home page is about.



I also wanted to include some illustration as I want to show that I don't just do clean, digital design. This is my secret 7 submission from this year, and I was really happy with the outcome - it shows my preferred illustration style as well as the music that I like, and the fact that it was produced for charity which fits in with my ethos. 




Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.