You Are Reading

Design Publication: Animation Development

After watching a lot of the Skillshare tutorials I decided to start on After Effects. I had learnt the proper way to insert Illustrator files from this, using separate layers for each thing and importing them properly into After Effects. I feel a lot more confident knowing that I am doing it the proper way!


I started a new composition in HD settings and changed the background colour



I started by trying to spin the arrows around the sign post by making them 3D objects


I did work and spin round - although it also went through it like this shows. So I decided to change the plan a bit


I precomposed it and altered the canvas so it was easier to manage. By precomposing sections of the animation it will make it a lot easier to manage and won't be as messy with as many layers - as there is going to be a lot!


I wanted to work with shape layers from the illustrator files so had to separate each group containing all of the different elements





I then went into each pre composed section and animated them individually - then they can all be seen in comp 1 and play after each other with a neat workspace



I had a lot of fun using the graph editor and it has really improved my knowledge and animation since watching those tutorials


I also figured out how to drop in text in a way that I liked using the scale tool that I have now learnt how to use


I liked adding that to all of the text - I felt that it dropping in the way it does matches the quirky illustration style


To make things easier, I moved the influence on the graph editor of multiple layers by selecting them all


I experimented with a few different type variations here




The bar here folds out into the website, showing how they are linked together


I wanted to do exactly what the text says on the tin here and keep it simple, with quick scale in and out methods to make the wireframe come and go


Onto the last section! I'm very happy with how it has turned out so far..


I changed the colour scheme so it stood out more, and thought about what to use as the copy. I don't feel as though this was clear enough though. I made the hands turn around on the animation


I decided that this was better copy to include and finished it off nicely


I then started to do the title - the text simply drops on and leads into the animation. I wanted a fun title, then a subheading to be clearer about what the animation is about



Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.