You Are Reading

Design Publication: Visual Research

Here are some of the illustrations I looked at before settling on the style that I wanted to do. I really like mid century illustration and thought it would be fun to incorporate in this video. Although I would like to add textures, I wasn't sure how to add them well in After Effects so I thought its best to stick to a clean yet stylised direction.

I love this illustration - it's one of the projects from Skillshare that I am enrolled in. I would love to do this but I have no idea how it would work as an animation, only in Photoshop. It would also be a brand new skill to learn which I don't have the time for


Again, I love this textured illustration and it is a direction that I really want to explore, but I just don't think I can incorporate it into this project


Love the use of no outlines and bright colours. I think the imperfect shapes work really well too - although simple it is easy to recognise


This is a similar style, and it is something that I can definitely work to and use within animation as it is simple and clean yet still has that vintage look




These are getting more detailed, and although I really like, I think it might be too much for this project - with regards to both expertise and time


I love the limited colour palette here, which is something I aim to use as it keeps things simple - one of the points in my animation


I love the use of strokes here to add elements to the design rather than just blocks which is something that I would like to try in the devleopment stages


As with the previous example, this uses outlines to add an extra dimension to the illustration which I think looks really well and adds more detail without much more work




Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.