You Are Reading

Design Publication: Illustration Development

I had already created my storyboard and knew the style I wanted to go for, so I went straight into Illustrator. The great thing about this kind of style is that it's really easy and quick to start experimenting with shapes and it doesn't feel pressured or final due to the shapes being so imperfect and easy to manipulate and stylise. 

I started off with the baking objects for baked new things drawing things that I have been making in the kitchen. They're always healthified, whether they are vegan, gluten free or sugar free.


One technique I have started using when picking colour palettes, is eyedropping colours from my favourite nail varnish - when I think of colour schemes in my head before I choose any, I always think of nail polish combinations that I like so have started experimenting with this.





I then started drawing a signpost for explore every avenue, as this is something that I always do within my projects.


I then drew a simple video player where the time would be animated on the animation.


Here are all of the illustrations - they didn't take me long at all, and I didn't want to spend too long on them as I will be recreating them on After Effects. These are just for a guide when I get on there as they're easier to produce in Illustrator



Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.