You Are Reading

Brief 4: Sun & Moon - Web Assets

The client wants some digital assets creating for

  • social media posts
  • web banner x2

Social Media
They will primarily be using Instagram, so the dimensions of the posts will be 1200x1200px.

I decided to use the pattern as a background for the assets. The client wants text on them such as 'Coming Soon', 'Out Now' and 'Offer'.

I started with a Photoshop file creating the right settings (72dpi for screen, and 1200x1200 for Instagram/Facebook)


I wanted to incorporate the pattern in the background, and keep everything simple and consistent


I altered the kerning to make it easier to read


I made the rectangle around it smaller, but felt this left too little space between the text and pattern - looks too overwhelming


I added a black border around the rectangle which I think could work better


I added circles to be more like the logo but I don't think this is necessary


I changed the shape of the rectangle and I think this looks more balanced with there being more space at the sides. I think the black text looks too harsh against the coral though


I tried one of the other colours the client likes, but it looks muted - doesn't stand out enough against the pattern


I started trying other colours to see if any worked



But I think they look quite random


I then inverted the background and made the text white, which works a lot better colour wise and it isn't harsh on the eyes. The client likes this version, and would like the other text like this but in different colours.



Web Banner

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.